How To Make Fast Cash on eBay Out of Thin Air! The Easiest Way To Kick-Start Your eBay Business
From: Andrew Minalto eBay PowerSeller Registered TWF Seller CEO of SpicyAuctionTemplates.com Contact Me | FAQ
Hello & Welcome to the Easy Auction Business weekly video newsletter!
As promised, this week we’ll take a closer look at one my eBay business concepts responsible for 10k profit in last year alone! Methods I’ll cover today may not suit everyone but those who will take action and implement these strategies, are going to make money – I’m 100% confident about it!
I receive dozens of e-mails on a daily basis and one of the biggest questions of all times is: “What Should I sell?” In previous newsletters I talked a lot about how to import products from China, how to flip them and how to present them in best way possible to optimize the selling process.
Today, I want to show you how I made £10k in last year alone on eBay.co.uk by selling 3 different info products. Yep, you heard it right – £10k profit by selling cheap, 5 quid info products – video guides. And to shock you even more – I spent only 2 weeks to create those 3 products AND made regular sales all year long. Let’s take a closer look on how you can COPY what I did and see immediate results by implementing some very simple, but yet so effective strategies.
Why Info products?
Why would you want to sell info products? Let me give you some points on why I think info products are great for selling on eBay:
Low start-up costs. You can start with as little as 50 quid and build a profitable info product business on eBay. You won’t have to risk with thousands of pounds for spending on stock from wholesalers. You won’t have to deal with scammers. You won’t have to look for a product because you’ll create one yourself!
No inventory. Great thing about info product business is that you don’t have to carry any stock. You don’t have to take daily trips to the post office. Everything is automated and all you have to do is manage all the processes from your computer.
No writer skills needed! This is a myth causing a lot of problems for newbies who want to start an info product business online. These days you don’t have to be experienced writer to create an e-book. If you’re willing to invest some extra money, no writing from your side is required at all! So don’t be fooled by this myth.
Regular income. Once your product is created, you start earning money on a daily basis. It’s like receiving royalty payments for a song that’s being broadcast on radio stations. Usual life span for an info product is 1-3 years, on some occasions even more. Do the job once and earn money for the years to come. How’s that sound?
What’s The Magic Formula?
Is there any at all? Yes, there is! Right now I’m going to reveal everything you need to know – stick to it and you’ll succeed! C’mon, this is not some kind of theoretical crap – the very same concepts made me tens of thousands pounds of profit over the last couple of years, so yeah – I think I know this stuff pretty good 🙂
For years eBay allowed selling eBooks which were digitally delivered to the buyer – via e-mail or as a download. There were thousands of sellers selling eBooks, how to guides, video materials, graphics, fonts and other stuff that can be digitally replicated. Some products were selling for as little as 1 pence while others – for up to 100 pounds.
Those who sold info products for ridiculously low prices, made profit in back-end by promoting other, more expensive stuff or just used the loss leader strategy for getting loads of traffic or amassing feedback. Officially this was the reason why eBay made a drastic change in the info products market…
In spring, this year, eBay announced that they’ll no longer allow digital delivery for eBooks, software, graphics and other media products. The official reason behind this was that cheap info products are being used to manipulate eBay’s feedback system. And they were right. Sort of…
Anyway, we know that no one can change eBay’s mind so we just have to adapt to the new rules. You see – before eBay made this announcement, it was really easy to sell eBooks on eBay as everyone could buy a re-sell pack with thousands of eBooks and re-list them for a few quid each. Earlier this year, everything changed – and digital delivery is not an option anymore.
eBay didn’t ban info products as such, no! They just wanted to filter out all those un-professional sellers who are simply too lazy to burn the stuff on a CD and mail it out via the post. As every eBay announcement, this one had both pros and cons:
Bad news – for all lazy info product sellers. Because they don’t want or don’t know how to create a hard copy of an info product! Their lack of creativeness makes them vulnerable in situations like these. People who can’t adapt, will LOSE the game sooner or later.
Good news – for everyone else because competition is smaller, hence more profit to be made!
Why I’m telling you all this? Because I think now it is the perfect time to start selling info products on eBay and make loads of cash!!! Stand out from the crowd and destroy your competitors by using my ultimate info product publishing formula. Warning!!! – if you follow my advice, most likely you’ll earn money! Eehh, OK, let’s put jokes aside and let’s get straight to the point!
This formula consists of 7 elements and most importantly – to succeed you have to use all of them! I’ll say that one more time – there are 7 elements and you WANT to follow all of them! Sure, you could do just fine by leaving some of the stuff outside but trust me – this formula has been tested over and over again and has proven to be a real winner. Here it goes:
1. Choose the right topic! The first thing you want to consider before starting to work on your first info product is The Problem Your Product Will Resolve! Yep, that’s the ultimate goal – your info product should resolve a problem a group of eBay buyers have.
You can look at it from a different angle as well – just find a problem that is common to a large group of people and create info product around it! The more people have the same problem, the more money you can potentially make. Of course, the bigger the market, the more competition you’ll have to face. But it’s not a bad thing at all, especially if you’re BETTER than everyone else in your market.
What kind of topics we’re talking about? Here are few general categories:
* Weight Loss * Make Money * Home Business * Relationships * Specialized Skills * Instructional * Computers * Medical * etc.
These are just categories. Product topics will be much narrower:
* Burn The Fat – Feed The Muscle * Fat Loss 4 Idiots * How to Make Money with Photography * Secrets of a 50 year Marriage * How to Use Nikon D300 * and similar ones
2. Quality content. When you have a topic of your info product, you have to create content – text that you’ll use to create the final product. Don’t be scared by this – you don’t have to be a writer to get this done. All you need is 10 – 30 pages of good, high quality content that will resolve the problem and give solution your buyers are looking for. There are several options available:
Write all the stuff yourself
Hire a freelance writer
Use Private Label Rights products
3. Video Format. This is probably the most important element – to make your product a real winner, you should definitely create a VIDEO eBook, not just a plain old PDF. I know, I know – it sounds like a very complicated stuff BUT it isn’t! All you need is simple, free software to create slides, add audio to create video like the one you can watch here. That’s it, there’s nothing more to it! People simply LOVE watching videos! So there’s something magical to it. Even if you don’t want to create voiceovers yourself, there are many solutions available.
4. Impressive 3D Cover. This one is really simple – just get an outstanding 3D cover for your product and you simply can’t fail!
5. Listing Description. When you sell an info product on eBay, you don’t want to talk much about product’s features. You have to make the emphasis on the benefits instead. Explain in detail how your product will resolve the problem the visitor has and he will hit that Buy It Now button straight away!
6. Price. Follow my rule number one – always overdeliver, it will pay sooner or later! What’s the easiest way of doing this? Give MORE to people than they paid and expected to receive. On eBay, majority of people are looking for bargains, no doubt about that. But it doesn’t mean you have to give away your info product for pennies. My recommendation – price it between £4.95 to £14.95, depending on the target market.
7. Guarantee. Give your buyers piece of mind – offer no questions asked guarantee. So if they are not 100% satisfied with their purchase you’ll issue a refund upon receiving the package back.
So that’s it! 7 rules to follow for building a successful & profitable info product business on eBay! The great thing about these products is that once you create them – they’re yours! You can sell them over and over again and keep all the profits. You even don’t have to spend time on copying the CD’s or going to post office anymore – there are companies out there who will handle all this for a very reasonable, small fee.
Last year I made over 10k on eBay.co.uk selling 3 Video eBooks for £4.95 each. That’s almost a grand per month! And it really took me only 30 minutes per day to operate! You think it’s impossible? Just do the math – if you have 3 different info products and you sell only 2 from each every day for 5 quid – at the end of the month you’ll have almost £1000 in profit!
There are so much more I could tell you about this business model but obviously our time here is limited. So if you’re really interested in this stuff, I strongly recommend you to take a look at this website:
Robert, my business partner and also a close friend of mine has put together everything you need to know about selling info products on eBay in a easy to understand, step by step way.
He sells video eBooks on eBay and upsells with a main info product on the Internet. The average income is around two and a half grand a month, so it’s a really profitable venture!
In the Auction DigiBiz Blueprint he’s set out the whole video eBook creation process. Starting from a market research for finding out what video eBook topic you can start with and ending with advanced eBay info product listing strategies – everything is there. So if you want to see your first video eBook listed on eBay in 3 days time – give it a try.
Again – this may not suit everyone but as I said – those who will take action, will make money. There’s simply no way around it! Fool proof way of making loads of cash from info product business!
Andrew Minalto is founder and CEO of the Web’s largest auction templates company SpicyAuctionTemplates.com. Andrew runs successful information publishing business as well as an eBay store and an online retail store.
At the age of just 23 he has achieved a phenomenal success in selling both physical and information products online. Hard work and belief in his dreams enabled him to leave a dusty Dublin warehouse in winter 2006 to go full-time online.
The recently launched EasyAuctionBusiness.com website is dedicated for all people trying to achieve financial freedom or just to make some extra money by selling on eBay.co.uk